Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monday

Mondays I am with two fun loving kids, Sydney[2] and Luke[1]. We headed down to the park this afternoon and got very unlucky with the weather. Once we got there it was sprinkling and the playground was all wet and slippery! Sydney and Luke noticed a baby bird struggling on the grass as we were walking and so I decided to attempt to help it out. I figured it was best to not touch the baby bird. So I used a shirt that was in the diaper bag. I called my grandpa [the bird expert] and he said it most likely fell out of it's nest and it would most likely die if I didn't put it back in the nest. So I knew once he told me that information I had no choice but to try my best to find the nest! I listened any birds that sounded like the baby's chirp. Luckily I did! So I walked closer to the bird that looked like it could be it's mother. I left knowing that the mother came down to her baby and they seemed really happy. I hope I saved a bird's life today.

Here is the little guy.



And here is Sydney during lunch time after we got back from the park. She made a ball out of her playdoh and stuck a feather in it. We play with playdoh tons. I'm getting pretty good at sculpting dolphins and whales [her favorite] ! She loves putting me to the test of my drawing/creative skills.




Can you tell what it is?


Well I hope you can tell... if not, it's a dolphin... and I'm proud of it.

1 comment: