Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bringing Back The Old Me

Growing up, I never had a specific hobby I stuck with.
I always seeked out to try something new all the time.
I believe my mother loved that I went for anything.
Not sure if I was confident, or that I didn't care of failing.
One hobby I cherished the most was my art class.
Something about the smell of oil paints and turpentine
got me so excited knowing that I would be able to get away.

Get away from the worldly things and just be at peace...
with the oldies radio station playing in the background,
my paint brush in my right hand, canvas in front of me,
& the long tubes of paint... sweet escape.
There is a close family friend,
[ I like to consider him my uncle ]
his name is Church.
I love his work & it inspires me.
He is an artist that I can learn from.
I got to paint with him in his studio recently.
I'm hoping this will be a very frequent motion.
My destination is to take a few hours to myself,
[ at least every week ] & just paint.
I'm going to bring back the old me.
It has been too many years.








Painted back in 1999.

I was 11 yrs old.







2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a painter- you should post your recent paintings. Oh, and I love the videos of your grandpa. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was! Hopefully I will be getting newer art of mine up soon. Thanks! My grandpa is awesome.

    ReplyDelete