Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Green Thumb

When I started this blog I mentioned a new hobby that I was getting into, GARDENING.


To my surprise I have been really excited every moment I would see one of my seeds sprouting, or a flower bloom. I really wanted to make my own gardening box, rather than buy all of these pots and boxes that cost more than I'm willing to spend. So... I asked Ryan if we could build one. He was all for it and we got going on making a gardening box! You like? I know I sure do!!!



[can you tell I'm thrilled about it??]












So here are a few pictures of my new garden

There are some vegetables....




























&& the flowers

MORNING GLORY



SUNFLOWERS


Listening to artists like Madeleine Peyroux, Nellie Mckay, Norah Jones, & Feist while tending to greens on my front porch in the nice sun...sweet indulgence.
This new hobby of mine is definately going to be a permaneant one for me.
Hopefully I will be able to educate myself with some more
& "grow" with my garden.
So far... I'm a proud momma.





3 comments:

  1. That's awesome - good for you! Chris made a little garden table for our porch and we've enjoyed seing our veggies start to come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice going Nancy! Can I come over for salad? --Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw everyone is so nice!

    Chris and Sara-Thank you! Let me know how your garden comes along. I may have some garden questions for you two :)

    Paige-You will be number one on my list to come over and have a yummy salad from my garden!

    ReplyDelete