Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Momma Did Well

Fashion/Style has been something I was born with. Or maybe my momma just loved dressing me in hype clothes and so my passion started when I was a little toddler. Either way, I love it. I try to put my free time at home towards using my talents/hobbies into action. I started this little project a few months ago and it's been sitting on my mannequin for too long. So I decided I am going to get back on it and finish this before another few months goes by again.

Lately I have been very inspired by Japanese fashion and buying Vivi magazines from the Japanese marketplace [Mitsuwa] down the street from my house. I love that they wear whatever they want, of course still looks good & makes sense, without caring what other people think. At least that's what goes through my head as I go through their fashion statements. I mean, why do we have to get dressed up in our favorite pieces of clothing only for a special occasion? Maybe I just want to look cute and fashionable because I'm in the mood to.

Back to the point of my post, my latest project is a black dress with some braided fabric wrapped around just under the bust. I'm still adding and taking away as I go on with finishing it.

[not taking credit for the necklace, just in love with it]














4 comments:

  1. You're so creative. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I want to get into making modest dresses, & when I do, I'm gunna make you a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing! I love that you embrace your creativity & love. You inspire me. So, I was thinking since you're going to make sara a dress don't hesptate to make me one:) Love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too cute Janessa. Of course I won't hesitate making something for you! Thanks for the nice comment! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete